The works of issue three have so much to tell you, so I will cut to the chase: I grew up on the edge of town by an interstate, where the cars travelled as fast as the windswept clouds. I was never in motion. I was an observer of motion. I hadn’t thought about that in ages, until two months ago, when I began preparations for this collection. Clouds. I need CLOUDS. I left work that day, enthralled by my epiphany, that I took a photo of the skies and the way the light flares spilled onto the clouds made them appear bruised. They appeared human. Just for a moment.
What you have here are works that soar with a profound magnetism, and a will to make their own meaning, their own valiant purpose. I’m incredibly proud to cluster in one place seasoned writers, the intermediates, and those at the very start of their artistic journey. There’s some real otherness here too, and it fills my strange heart with joy and beautiful community. There’s tension in this issue, as if it wants to tear itself apart with truth and youth and wisdom and senselessness and love and sometimes despair. It pulls at itself like taffy. Yet it holds. Just for a moment.
Dear writers/artists of issue 3: you are bold and true and I am honored to have your work here.
Dear reader: so happy to have you here, enjoy the ride!
Thanks for being a part of this, all. Much love,
light-split marble ever-fashioned by sky currents yearns for the chisel
- Andrea Damic | Story + Photography
- Atlas Booth | Ephemeral
- Audra Kerr Brown | 4 Photographs
- Bethany Jarmul | Puddle of Joy
- Bob King | 2 Poems
- Christina Chin / Mystic Poet Collaboration
- Christina Chin | Visual Art
- Christine LaChance | Raven Calls
- Devon Neal | 3 Poems
- Elijah Woodruff | 2 Poems
- Eve Limelight | Wounds
- George Espinoza | Golazo
- Hales | 2 Poems
- Ivan de Monbrison | La Donna Infelice Guitarra 5.1
- JP Lor | The Thing About Soulmates
- Kayden Vargas | 3 Poems
- Kushal Poddar | 2 Poems
- Lauren Theresa | Two Dreams that Haunt Me
- LE Francis | 3 Poems
- Lilly Ashton | 3 Poems
- Linda McMullen | 2 Stories
- Manaly Talukdar | Human Recharger
- Marina Tsiatiri | Drink Some Tea
- Michael Chin | 3 Poems
- Milan Rajkumar & Christina Chin | Collaborative Gendai Tanka
- Owen Paul Edwards | Thoughts about the grocery store, the theater, and my bed.
- Raegen Pietrucha | 3 Photographs
- Ramona Gore | The World Passes By
- Rhys | Those In Glass Houses Shouldn’t Throw Stones.
- Ron Riekki | 2 Poems
- Rory Strong | 3 Poems
- Tara Ramona | A Fly
- Tejasvee Nagar | Rabbit on the Moon
- Tejaswinee Roychowdhury | 3 Photographs
- Treziel Mae Mayores | What is the difference between me and this dead fish in the lake?
- Zahra Nalir | 2 Poems
- Zary Fekete | Alice Took the Injection
COALITIONWORKS | SPRING 2023